This first aid course is designed for supporting first aid staff or smaller workplaces that present lower health and safety risks. This course in particular has a duration of 1 day. However, we also provide the more comprehensive First Aid at Work (3-day) course.
Our Emergency First Aid Courses are designed to address the needs of your work environment. Completing this course will also meet the requirements of Appointed Person status, in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
What we'll cover
There are 13 core Areas of first aid with several secondary areas covered:
- Roles and Responsibilities of a First Aider
- First Aid Principles
- Legal Requirements and Responsibilities of Employers and Employees
- First Aid Kits
- The Aims and Priorities of First Aid
- Emergency Action Plan
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- The Recovery Position
- The Modified Recovery Position
- Dealing with an Unconscious Casualty
- Dealing with Choking
- First Aid for Minor Injuries
- Use of Tourniquets
- Heamostatic Dressings
Once qualified, holders of this First Aid at Work certificate can be used as First Aiders in the workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Not to meantion Lunch, Tea and Coffee all come included!